A Thrill Of Hope ()
After two long and concertless years Lichfield Cathedral Chorus finally returns to the glorious setting of Lichfield Cathedral for a bumper concert of choral music with a mixture of some well-known favourites from the repertoire and a few lesser-known gems. Hubert Parry’s I was glad, Felix Mendelssohn’s Hear my Prayer, Gabriel Fauré’s Cantique de Jean Racine and the ever-popular O Holy Night by Adolphe Adam feature in a programme alongside lesser-known works by Edward Elgar, Henry Balfour Gardiner, Johannes Brahms and Charles Wood, with one or two additional seasonal items thrown into the mix for good measure.
Directed by Benjamin Lamb with Liam Condon at the organ, we are also delighted to welcome highly commended BBC Young Chorister Josie Sim as soloist in an evening of hope and celebration as we look forward to exciting times ahead.
- O Holy Night (Minuit, chrétiens!) (1844) — Adam
- Evening Hymn (Te lucis ante terminum) (1908) — Balfour Gardiner
- Geistliches Lied (1856) — Brahms
- Give Unto The Lord, Op. 74 (1914) — Elgar
- Cantique de Jean Racine (1866) — Fauré
- Hear My Prayer (1844) — Mendelssohn
- I Was Glad (1902) — Parry
- O Thou, The Central Orb (1915) — Wood
Lichfield Cathedral, The Close, Lichfield, WS13 7LD [map]